Aspen's New Year Wish

4:55 PM



Wow 2016 was crazy wild!
I told sir (God) that I needed to slow down as I am still a small child.
Sir agreed and said this next year would be much more mild.
In December I got to be an elf and sit on some shelves, 
that way I could make sure Ava and Jenner were behaving themselves.
There was a huge party to celebrate my becoming four,
there was Santa, clowns, games, food and so much more.
Everyone was having fun and realized this was a special thing,
That was until my Aunt Marla got up to sing.
On my birthday sir made sure I had ice cream and cake.
The cake was good but not as good as mommy would bake.  
So many people stopped to wish me well and just say hi,
Jeremy and Pastor Don also stopped by.
I saw the firemen and Alley the dog at Jenner's school.
Findley and I laughed and thought that was really cool.
I saw mommy on TV later that night, 
I thought she did good she handled it right.
On Christmas Eve and Christmas day I saw my family with presents and love to share.
There on the was were stockings hung with care,
including one that even had my name.
I hid so Santa could not see me when he came.
He filled all the stockings with toys and treats.
I saw my Grandpa sneaking away with some of my sweets.
I watched as you laughed at a silly game you would play
It was fun a very special day.
Later I would smile as I heard all of you pray.
Grandpa I was telling my friends some of the goofy things you do and the stories you tell,
many thought you were crazy in the head you might not be well.
Some even suggested you get professional care,
but I told them that is just him being my Grandpa Lar.
Some of you have seen some type of sign.
So keep on looking it will most likely be mine.
I wish you the best for the coming year.
No more sadness not a single tear.
This year all of you will be healthy and safe that I know to be true,
because I am your Angel and that is what I do.
Aspen Drake Seemann

- LHN 1/14/2017

You Might Also Like

0 comments