The TEST

11:11 AM



Today was the day we found out if our transfer took.  I've literally taken over 15 home pregnancy tests since last Thursday even though they tell you not to. I've realized more than ever, my patience is very, very limited! I dropped the kids off at school today and rushed to the Women's Hospital Lab where they drew my blood. I asked the girl if she knew how long it would take to get results. She said an hour to an hour and a half. I ran some errands and then couldn't wait any longer, so I called my doctor's office here in Omaha. The nurse had sent me something through the portal, but I hadn't checked my email. She shared with me that the test was positive, but that my HCG level was low - 32. When I spoke with Dr. Schoolcraft yesterday, he told me he wanted it to be over 50. My heart sank. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for this moment as I'm officially carrying a life inside me again, which I honestly never thought was going to happen at all. I am thankful for this. I asked 1,000 questions of the nurse here and then spoke to the nurse at CCRM. She reassured me that she has seen girls have successful pregnancies even when they start with a low HCG level. I will go back Friday and hope that my levels at a minimum double. I have cleared my schedule the next 2 days to rest and nourish this precious being and hope she will grow and feel the love I have for her already. God, please give me this gift. I will cherish and protect her with all my heart and soul. I have faith in you to protect and guide me toward the light.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, I will be praying for your my dear. I have been following your blog for months, and you are always on my mind and in my heart. Dear Lord, please hear our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam! We appreciate your love, support and prayers! Blessings to you!!!!

      Delete
  2. I've been praying for you constantly! I hope for a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We really appreciate the prayers and support! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. After fertility treatments with our oldest baby, my first hcg level was 17. Seventeen. I spotted. For 10 weeks, off and on. She's 10 now. Healthy and strong. Sending love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. God is good.

      Delete
  4. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!

    ReplyDelete